More progress on non-debug opensolaris builds
With the help of some folks on #opensolaris (thanks Keith Weslowski and Rich Lowe), I’ve tracked down what was happenning in my non-debug build, and managed to find out how it happened. I was starting to get concerned that perhaps something was not being propogated correctly or I had buggy code. The real answer was a lot simpler.
My modified makebfu, which I built in the tonic-split workspace was installed in /opt/onbld/bin. Fair enough.
My opensolaris.sh environment file had -t specified in NIGHTLY_OPTIONS. This option says to use tools build from the local source tree.
Of course I hadn’t propogated the new tool source into my opensolaris tree, so it didn’t know to use the closed/root_i386-nd closed tree, so we got the wrong bins into the build.
I’ve just removed -t from the NIGHTLY_OPTIONS and kicked off another nightly. Hopefully this will solve the problems that I’ve seen.
Technorati Tags: OpenSolaris