Solaris Express 10/04 is coming
Solaris Express 10/04 (s10_69) should be available for download around October 29!
Some of the new features for the release include:
- Solaris Service Manager(Greenline)
- JDS Release 3
- Oban (Solaris Volume Manager for SunCluster)
- Ipsec/IKE NAT traversal
- OpenSSL and PKCS#11 for OpenSSL
- Hardware Random Number Generation support
- Failed Account Login Account Locking
- Track Uptime across reboots
- Solaris 1394 Mass Storage Driver-x86
- Remove Netscape4.7xin Solaris *Mozilla 1.4 removal
- Xorg replaces Xsun as the default X server on x86
- DTrace USDT (User-land Statically Defined Tracing) and plockstat Provider
- New Realtek NIC driver
As usual, the documentation will be available at docs.sun.com.
Greenline and the Xorg transition are likely to cause a little frustration. Greenline because it is such a complete mindset change, and Xorg in getting the configurations correct. I am expecting to see some of the respective engineers blogging on at least these two over the next few weeks.